–ENTRY IN PROGRESS–
This is a list of some resources I find useful to conduct data analysis in Life Sciences Research, some of them more specific to the field of Genomics, Transcriptomics, and RNA-seq derived methods.
- R programming by Roger D. Peng
- Also good ebooks at Leanpub
- Command Line Tools for Genomic Data Science by Liliana Florea
- Algorithms for DNA Sequencing
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox
- txtools. This is a package I developed to retrieve count data from alignment files (BAM) to perform analysis that requires single-nucleotide resolution.
Other tools I use a lot
- STAR: RNA-seq reads aligner
- Make: a minimal tutorial on make
- R packages by Hadley Wickham A great practical reference to creating R packages using the R package devtools. It has been the main source of help to develop my R packages.